Friday, December 9, 2011

16 Weeks

16 Weeks....better late than never


how far along? 16 weeks and 4 days
how are you measuring? I would assume 16 weeks, but my Dr. doesn't start actually measuring until about 20 weeks I think
size of baby? We have ourselves an avocado....4 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces
heartbeat? in the 140's at my appointment last week
total weight gain/loss? 1 lb....this may be the last time I ever update this portion...ha!
maternity clothes? Wearing maternity jeans...they are so much more comfortable, but work pants are still regular.
sleep? I still haven't seemed to re-claimed my energy so I typically fall asleep on the couch around 8:45 or 9 and take about a 30 minute nap. Then Cory convinces me to go to bed. I usually wake up 1-3 times a night to go to the bathroom and it is sometimes hard to go back to sleep after that.
best moment this week? Feeling the baby start to move more
movement? Yes, it's very suttle and I typically only feel it if I am sitting really still. It's not everyday either. Yesterday at work I was feeling it a lot.
food cravings/aversions? I have a love hate relationship with food right now it seems. Somedays nothing sounds good and other days something will sound good, but then I take a few bites and I am done. I did buy a jar of kosher dill pickles though and they have been very tasty.
gender predictions? Who knows...my gut is kind of saying boy, but then sometimes I lean towards girl. My odd are 50/50. Ha ha!
what i miss: Energy and my back not hurting (which hopefully we have resolved this issue by changing out my chair at work)
what i'm looking forward to: The next appointment where we find out the gender and getting the nursery all together.
how are you feeling? Pretty good overall, besides the aforementioned lack of energy and backaches.
pregnancy moments: Oh...there are probably too many to count. Cory gets to experience a lot of them. It usually involves me forgetting to do something or asking something that perhaps I have already asked.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of these insights- especially since I can't be there for the pregnancy!! I can't wait to find out the gender either!!! Either way, this baby is already loved SOO much by his/her Aunt Zuzu!! Praying for y'all daily sweet sis!

    ReplyDelete