
So these posts are a little out of order, but everyone doesn't mind right? Okay, good. Cory and I are happy to announce that we are having a baby! We had a miscarriage very early into pregnancy back in August, but my doctor told us that we could start trying again as soon as we were spiritually, emotionally, and physically ready. Much to our surprise, I found out I was pregnant again on September 7th. I had suspected and so when I came home from work that day I took a couple of tests. Both quickly revealed that I was indeed "pregnant" once again. Cory and I were taking dinner to a couple in our homegroup that night that had just had a baby so we were in a rush. I took both of the tests and put them in the pockets of the shorts that Cory was going to wear that night. He came home from work and quickly changed. As he was putting on his shorts he said, "why is there a pen in my pocket?" He

reached in an pulled out the test and said "wait, what? Is this from last time?" I shook my head and said "nope" and he was beyond excited. We were cautiously optimistic in the days ahead and I don't think it truly became real until we heard the heartbeat for the first time at around 7 weeks. We feel beyond blessed that we have been given the opportunity to be parents and that we get to shepard a child for the rest of our lives. We have truly been amazed at what a miracle the creation of new life is and how intricately God designed the process of conception and pregnancy. Our baby is set to arrive sometime in May of 2012 and we are eagerly anticipating his or her arrival.

What a blessing! I am very happy for y'all and this great news. We just suffered a miscarriage but we are hopefully that we can turn it around next time!
ReplyDelete