Apparently we are super behind in blogging. You know it's bad when you see a friend at church and they tell you it's time to update your blog. I have the day off because of snow... so, here we go.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my side of the family (The Thorn's) and then we spent the Sunday after Christmas with the Mauritzen/Werley crew. Somehow I didn't get many pictures of Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and none of the Mauritzen/Werley Christmas. I need to work on that!
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my side of the family (The Thorn's) and then we spent the Sunday after Christmas with the Mauritzen/Werley crew. Somehow I didn't get many pictures of Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and none of the Mauritzen/Werley Christmas. I need to work on that!

It is a long-standing tradition on my side of the family to do the same thing every Christmas Eve. We first go the the Christmas Eve service at one of our churches and then we go back to my parents house for Subway sandwiches (random, I know) and queso. We then each get to open one gift from "Santa." This year Cory and I got a GPS!

Yummy queso....I used this recipe from pioneer woman and it was fabulous. I also recently made her restaurant style salsa and used that instead of the can of rotel and jalapeno and it was even better!

Cory and I spent Christmas Eve night at our own place so we can start some of our own traditions. Cory read about Jesus' birth from the Bible and we opened up a bottle of sparkling apple-cranberry cider. We opened up presents/stockings from each other the next morning and then headed back over to my parents house.

This was by far the best gift this Christmas. My sister and her husband Korey are expecting their first child in July. I had suspected for about a month that my sister was pregnant and had Cory convinced as well that she was pregnant. I would ask her every time I saw her how she was feeling and if she was pregnant. She always denied it. My sister never let the secret out until Christmas day when she gave my Mom a bib that said "Here comes trouble." We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet this precious gift from God.


No comments:
Post a Comment