Friday, February 12, 2010

Don't Knock 'Em Until You Try Them

We recently decided to try out a new vegetable that we both had never tried. Enter brussel sprouts. Here is how things went down.


Letting the little guys steam in their sauna. They are actually very pretty.

Here we have the finished products: steamed brussel sprouts, baked parmesan tilapia and rice
Cory looking a little hesitant to be the first one to try them....

Not sure what to think yet....

I can already see the struggle we are going to have with our future children! Just kidding. They weren't that bad. They taste a lot like broccoli. However, it was more of a texture thing for me. A little too mushy on the outside. Next time we will try to steam fresh brussel sprouts instead of frozen ones.
Final verdict: we'll let the empty plate speak for itself.

2 comments:

  1. But where the pics of YOU eating them!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.

    I like the sequence of Corey's facial expressions, a sequence I can identify with where the sprouts are concerned.

    ReplyDelete